I’m excited to tell you that Mommy and I will be traveling to Koziar’s Christmas Village again. We will be signing my newest book, Everybody Loves Grace: A True Story of Grace’s Adventure to Pennsylvania. I can’t wait for the road trip AND for you to read the book where I share important life lessons. They include making sure to do the things on your bucket list and don’t put off the things you want to do in life.
Mommy and I will be signing books on Saturday the 21st of November. Hopefully if you are in the area of Koziar’s Christmas Village you can join us.
I’m going on a road trip in a couple of weeks. Do you want to know why? Well, Mommy and I are heading to Koziar’s Christmas Village in Bernville, Pennsylvania. We will be signing Book 5 in the Everybody Loves Grace series on November 21st. Everybody Loves Grace: A True Story of Grace’s Adventure to Pennsylvania is a very fun Christmas-time story.
I’ll be sharing more details as we prepare for our trip, but I wanted you to know the book is available for pre-sale on my website. Mommy and I will start mailing the books out on 15 October 2020.
I hope you will join me on my latest adventure to Pennsylvania. I will be sharing more life lessons to include why I think it’s important to do the things on your bucket list.
Summer is supposed to be over by now and somehow it still feels like summer in Denver. The sun is shining bright and the days are very warm. I try to stay in the shade of the trees during my afternoon walks with Mommy.
I went for a hike with Mommy and friends in the mountains on Sunday. Some of our friends didn’t realize my fourth book was published in June 2020. So, I thought I’d remind you that Everybody Loves Grace: A True Story of Grace’s Adventure to Utah is available for purchase on my website at www.everybodylovesgrace.com.
The Utah adventure includes uplifting new insights for readers of all ages:
* Going places with “just the girls” is empowering.
* People and places change over time so, even when we visit a place we’ve been before, it’s always a new adventure.
* Have courage to do the things you want do.
I just got home from an amazing adventure to Sedona, AZ and Western Colorado. I learned a lot of new things and thought I’d share some of them with you.
- Always remember to breathe, especially when passing big trucks on the highway
- Essential supplies especially during Covid – a roll of toilet paper and water
- Rise and shine early to beat the heat
- The best naps in summer are on a cool tile floor
- Do your own thing, whatever it takes (see my photo below)
Isn’t this summer just different? Well, I think so too and want to share with you some tips for beating the Covid blues:
- Get up and stretch a really BIG stretch EVERY morning
- Do at least one nice thing for someone else – I roll on my side and let my neighbors pet my belly
- Enjoy the simple things like finding a shady spot under a tree and enjoying the cool grass
- Love when Mommy brushes my teeth and reads me a bedtime story
- Say thank you to my comfortable bed before I jump in it and go to sleep
A fun thing to do this summer is join Mommy on Facebook live (Everybody Loves Grace) for Storytime starting on Monday at 1000MDT. She is going to read my latest book, Everybody Loves Grace: An Amazing True Story of Grace’s Adventure to Utah. I hope you will join me. Lovingly, Grace
We are excited about the release of our latest book. Order your copy today and follow us on our adventure to Utah!
Love, Grace & Katy
This blog article just about sums it up. Everyday is an adventure, kindness matters and being present with people is the best gift I can give. Lovingly, Grace
I want to share an interview that my mommy did just the other day. She was interviewed about my first book, Everybody Loves Grace, which was recently honored with the Nautilus Book Silver Award for Children’s Illustrated Fiction.
I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I did: https://vimeo.com/420400270
In case you were wondering, I was sitting on the floor right next to Mommy during the interview. We had a lot of fun.
Everybody Loves Grace: An Amazing True Story of How Grace Brings Love to Everyone She Meets was awarded the Silver Nautilus Book Award. Better Books for a Better World is what Nautilus Book Awards are all about!
Grace truly has a story and she wants children and parents to know we can make a difference through simple acts of kindness.
Thanks to all of you, our biggest supports. We are so grateful for you.
Lovingly, Katy and Grace
It’s been a BIG change since we started social distancing because of the Corona Virus. Since dogs don’t get the virus, I don’t have to be quite as stringent following the distancing guidelines of 6 feet. People seem so happy to pet me.
Just in case you need them, here are a few ideas for fun things to do with your children and pets:
- Pamper yourself and your pets: Nothing feels better than a warm bath, brushing your hair, and getting ready for bed early.
- Cook dinner and do the dishes together: Who says your pets can’t join the fun?
- Play a game of follow-the-leader through the living room: Kids, parents, and pets are encouraged to participate.
- Work on a puzzle together: It’s a great way to collaborate and work as a team.
- Snuggle up with a pile of books: Whether reading alone or with your pet, it is special. (Research shows that kids who read in the presence of a dog may experience increased motivation towards mastering their reading skills.)
I know it’s a tough time with social distancing and so I thought I’d share with you my 5 Tips for Practicing Presence as featured in the Houston Family Magazine.
True friendship is a priceless gift to give and receive… New friends become old friends, and can even be like a second family! #NationalMakeAFriendDay
A mother shared a sweet story of her two young children who fell in love with Grace and the Everybody Loves Grace books. While research shows that dogs can help kids learn to read, there’s nothing like a first hand story to reinforce the message. Thank you Independent Mami for inspiring me to continue writing about the adventures of Grace. I’m also inspired to get out there and read with more with kids.
Readers, would you do me a favor and leave a comment in the Independent Mami blog post?
My mommy knows how important it is to get kids reading. So every chance she gets, she takes me on the road to read with kids and have fun.
Recent research has shown that it helps kids read when there is a dog around. I try my very best to help kids read when I get the chance to be with them. It’s one of my favorite things to do. You can read more about it in this article in Yahoo.com.
- Be Kind – Open doors for the elderly and anyone who has their hands full. Share your toys with others.
- Be Brave – Don’t be afraid to bark when you want to tell the truth and have something to say.
- Cuddle Up – When the weather is cold or rainy, take the opportunity to take deep breaths and cuddle up with your special person.
- Have Fun – Jump in the car and be ready for adventure! Who knows where the ride will lead?
- Slow Down – it’s okay to slow down and say no when you need to.
- Naps are the best – Get lots of sleep and eat healthy food.
- Let Go – Sometimes you need to let go of a bone or toy – letting go doesn’t mean you quit.
- Smile – Show kindness to someone who has a frown on their face. You will likely turn that frown upside down.
- Friends are important – friends made on a walk can be friends for life.
- Ask for help – if you need help getting into the car, just ask, there will always be someone to help.
I’m pleased to share an article published on December 23rd in The Epoch Times.
Through the grace of Grace, all things are possible.
The Epoch Times is the fastest-growing independent news media in America.
May your day be Merry and Kind.
I recently had a wonderful opportunity to talk with Ken D Foster on the Voices of Courage Radio Show. We talked about how Grace’s life lessons give children and parents the Courage to Adapt and Evolve. What a fun conversation, thanks Ken!
To listen to my interview with Ken, just click here: http://voicesofcourage.us/
I’d also encourage you to read Ken’s newest book available at www.couragetochange.us
Thanks for listening, Katy
I have so much to be grateful for this year, and mostly it’s for all the friends and family who have helped me in so many ways…from helping me with my books, to taking care of me when Mommy travels to those who stop and say hello to me. I just want to say thank you and I hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving.